Salmon en Papillote
Inspired by recipe on foodnetwork.com
Yield: 3 servings
3 servings of salmon fillet
1 red pepper, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
2 shallots, sliced
3 sprigs of thyme
3 sprigs of oregano
3 tbsp butter
6 slices of lemon
3 tbsp white wine
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F (parcels can be made up to 6 hours in advance and chilled).
- Cut 3 squares of parchment paper. Fold the squares in half to make a crease, then open up.
- On one half, near the crease, arrange pepper slices.
- Place salmon on top of pepper slices.
- Top with shallots, herbs, butter, lemon slices, and wine. Season with salt and pepper.
- To create the parcel, fold empty half of parchment over the food. Starting at a folded end, make a small fold in the paper, folding on an angle.
- Make the next fold so that the crease overlaps with the first fold to create a seal.
- Continue with these small folds, working around the seafood, until you get to the end.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until parcels inflate.
- Cut open parcels and serve immediately.
Peach Frozen Yogurt
Yield: 6-8 servings
2 cups sliced peaches
2 cups plain or vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup sugar
- Place peaches in blender and puree until smooth.
- Add yogurt and sugar. Blend until combined.
- Turn ice cream machine on and pour liquid into freezer bowl.
- Let mix until thickened, about 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately or place in air tight container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.