I filled my ravioli with caramelized onions and goat cheese and ate it with a mushroom cream sauce. Pretty tasty.
Pasta Dough (French Laundry)
From The French Laundry Cookbook by Thomas Keller
Yield: 40 ravioli
6 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl, add the flour and make a well in the center.
- Add the egg yolks, egg, milk, and olive oil to the center of the well.
- Gently break up the eggs with your fingers.
- Begin turning the egg mixture in a circular motion, gradually pulling in flour from the sides of the well. Continue mixing until all the flour has been incorporated and a sticky paste has formed.
- Remove dough from bowl and knead on a lightly floured surface until dough is smooth and bounces back slightly when pressed with a finger.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.