Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Ravioli with Mushroom Cream Sauce

I have been wanting to make ravioli since I got the pasta maker a few months ago and I finally made a batch today. I was at a culinary Team Canada practice event on Monday and there was a ravioli component on the appetizer plate, and I found out the recipe was from the French Laundry, so I had to try it myself. The dough was a lot nicer to work with than the one I previously posted. And while I didn't try the old dough with ravioli, it seems pretty tasty. I'm excited to try it with regular pasta noodles like spaghetti to compare.

I filled my ravioli with caramelized onions and goat cheese and ate it with a mushroom cream sauce. Pretty tasty.


Pasta Dough (French Laundry)
From The French Laundry Cookbook by Thomas Keller
Yield: 40 ravioli
Print recipe

8oz flour
6 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp olive oil
  1. In a bowl, add the flour and make a well in the center.

  2. Add the egg yolks, egg, milk, and olive oil to the center of the well.

  3. Gently break up the eggs with your fingers.

  4. Begin turning the egg mixture in a circular motion, gradually pulling in flour from the sides of the well. Continue mixing until all the flour has been incorporated and a sticky paste has formed.

  5. Remove dough from bowl and knead on a lightly floured surface until dough is smooth and bounces back slightly when pressed with a finger.

  6. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment