Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Oatmeal Chip Cookies

At my old job, my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies were nicknamed "crack" cookies because they were so addictive. I tried this recipe from the Joy of Cooking, which is very similar to the crack cookies. The main difference in this recipe is that the oats are ground in the food processor before being added to the batter. I think I might like this version better than the crack cookies.


Oatmeal Chip Cookies
Adapted from Joy of Cooking
Yield: 4 dozen
Print recipe

1 1/3 cup rolled oats
1 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tbsp milk
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.

  2. Finely grind oats in the food processor. Set aside.

  3. Cream butter and sugars together until pale and fluffy.

  4. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and beat until well blended.

  5. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

  6. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well blended and smooth.

  7. Mix in the ground oats and the chocolate chips.

  8. Drop by teaspoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.

  9. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown at the edges.

2 comments:

  1. I had to think hard about what you meant when you said old job. Then I was sad. When can I come by to pick up some cookies:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed the cookies! Glad to hear school is going so well! Was at your work Tuesday for lunch - but unfortunatly you were in later. I've tried your blueberry buttermilk muffins and the marinara sauce - both delicious! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete