Oatmeal Chip Cookies
Adapted from Joy of Cooking
Yield: 4 dozen
1 1/3 cup rolled oats
1 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp milk
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Finely grind oats in the food processor. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well blended and smooth.
- Mix in the ground oats and the chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown at the edges.