I think the rhubarb chutney is a great compliment to pork - it is a bit tart brings out the flavour of the pork. I also like how the chutney is pink and makes the plate really colourful.
Buttermilk Marinated Pork Roast
1 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp ground marjoram
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tbsp dried rosemary
4 sage leaves
1-2 cloves garlic, sliced
salt and pepper
3 lb pork roast
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Place pork into a ziploc bag with the marinade.
- Marinate in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Remove pork from bag and discard marinade.
- Roast pork for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300F.
- Continue roasting pork for about an hour or until internal temperature reaches 150F.
Adapted from Martha Stewart Living, May 2010
Yield: 1 cup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
1 tbsp ginger, finely grated (about a 1-inch piece)
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup sugar
2 stalks rhubarb, cut crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook onion, garlic, ginger, and salt until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Add rhubarb. Cook, partially covered, until rhubarb breaks down, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely.